Subject: 6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium 26-30 October 2021 - Still a few places available !
From: Jean-Claude Thies <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 22:00:04 +0100

Dear interested caver,

The European Cave Protection Commission would like to remind you that the
6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium is planned from the 26th to 30th October
2021.

As currently we have no idea about travel and meeting restrictions at the
end of this year, we are going to plan the symposium as a normal one.
If changes will have to be taken we do inform everyone in time.

However the deadline for the registration has passed since 1st of March but
we still have a few places.

We now have seen that your country is not at all registered for the
symposium. Considering the vast number of caves in your country it would be
a pitty to miss the oportunity of the European Symposium.

Note as well that special funds might be given for travel and accomodation
if you request them.

All information may be found at the given links below

stay safe and healthy

Jean-Claude Thies
e-mail: [email-masked]

ECPC President
European Cave Protection Commission
Fédération Spéléologique Européenne asbl.
B.P. 3067
L-1030 Luxembourg
www.eurospeleo.eu

Please find the description and the links towards the circular and the
documents.

(French Text below)

6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium

 ³Assessing, monitoring and protecting cave biotopes and geotopes
  through Natura 2000 or similar programs in Europe²
                   
26-30 October 2021 (original dates were September 2020)
                   
organized jointly by the German Federal Agency for Natur Conservation (BfN)
and the European Cave Protection Commission (ECPC) of the European
Speleological Federation (FSE)
        
at the BfN-International Academy for Nature Conservation Isle of Vilm,
Baltic Sea Region, Germany
Please note that the 6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium is organized under
the umbrella of the IYCK  International Year of Caves and Karst.
 
On behalf of the European Cave Protection Commission and the German Federal
Agency for Nature Conservation we kindly invite all speleologists,
scientists and authorities active in cave and Karst monitoring and
protection, to participate at the 6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium
organized jointly by the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (BfN)
and the European Cave Protection Commission (ECPC) of the European
Speleological Federation (FSE).
The Symposium will provide a platform for scientists, speleologists and
authorities active in the domain of cave and karst monitoring and
conservation.
It should give an overview about Natura 2000 type 8310 ''habtiat caves not
open to public" monitoring procedures in EU member states and similar
programs in non-EU countries. Main aspects will be monitoring, evaluation
and cooperation through borders.It will address appropriate management
measures to restore or maintain a favourable conservation status.

The symposium ist organized by ECPC (Bärbel Vogel (DE)  & Jean-Claude Thies
(LU)) and by BfN (Ute Feit).
Please note that the 6th EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium is organized under
the umbrella of the IYCK  International Year of Caves and Karst.
 
If you are interested in attending the symposium, you will find the second
circular here: 
https://www.eurospeleo.eu/images/stories/docs/ECPC/6ESPS_2021_2circ_EN.pdf
a questionnaire here:
https://www.eurospeleo.eu/images/stories/docs/ECPC/6ESPS_Questionnaire_EN_20
21.docx 
and a registration form here:
https://www.eurospeleo.eu/images/stories/docs/ECPC/6ESPS_REGISTRATION-FORM_2
021.pdf 

Submit filled-in forms to [email-masked] by 1st March 2021.

6ème Symposium EuroSpeleo Protection

 ³Assessing, monitoring and protecting cave biotopes and geotopes
  through Natura 2000 or similar programs in Europe²

³évaluer, surveiller et protèger les biotopes et geotopes des cavités
par des réseaux Natura 2000 ou des programmes similaires en europe²

26-30 octobre 2021 (les dates originaux étaient septembre 2020)
                   
organisée en commun avex l¹agence fédérale allemande pour la conservation de
la nature (BfN)
et la commission euroéenne de protection des cavités (ECPC) de la fédération
spéléologique européene (FSE)
        
à l¹académie internationale de la conservation de la nature sur l¹ île de
Vilm, (allemagne)
Veuillez notez que le 6ème EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium est organisé
comme un événement de l¹année Internationale des cavités et du karst.

De la part de la commission européenne pour la protection des cavités et
l¹agence fédérale allemande pour la conservation de la nature on invite tous
spéléologues, scientifiques et autorités activent dans le domaine de
surveillance et protection des cavernes à participer au 6ème symposium
EuroSpeleo de protection organisé en commun par l¹agence fédérale allemande
pour la conservation de la nature (BfN) et la commission européenne de
protection des cavités (ECPC) de la fédération spéléologique européenne
(FSE).
Le Symposium offre une plateforme pour scientifiques, spéléologues et
autorités activent dans le domaine de la conservation et la surveillance des
cavités et du Karst. Il va informer sur les procédures de surveillance de
natura 2000 type 8310 ³habitat cavités non ouvert au public² dans les pays
membres de l¹UE et des programmes similaires dans les pays non-EU. Un aspet
important va être la surveillance (monitoring), l¹évaluation et la
coopération entre pays voisins. Il va adresser des mesures de gérance de
restauration ou de maintien d¹un statut de conservation favorable.

Le symposiom est organisé par ECPC (Bärbel Vogel (DE)  & Jean-Claude Thies
(LU)) et par BfN (Ute Feit).
Veuillez notez que le 6ème EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium est organisé sous
le patronage de l¹année internationale des cavités et du karst.

Si vous étes intéressés à participer au symposium, vous trouverez la
deuxième circulaire ici:
https://www.eurospeleo.eu/images/stories/docs/ECPC/6ESPS_2021_2circ_EN.pdf
un questionnaire ici:
https://www.eurospeleo.eu/images/stories/docs/ECPC/6ESPS_Questionnaire_EN_20
21.docx 
et le bulletin de régistration ici:
https://www.eurospeleo.eu/images/stories/docs/ECPC/6ESPS_REGISTRATION-FORM_2
021.pdf 

Veuiilez renvoyer les formulaires dûment remplis à [email-masked]
pour le 1er mars 2021 au plus tard.